Friday, September 12, 2014

Under Whose Umbrella?

Under Whose Umbrella?

In the year two thousand eight
Felt the impulse to create
Driving me to once again
In my fingers take my pen
Quickly wrote a melody
True to my ability
Rushed the first result online
And shortly after, changed my mind
Because
Lyrics for songs are worth completing
And right in a spot that was repeating
Three missing syllables caused a space
That no words satisfyingly could replace
A song that I have to end up filling
With gibberish to me just sounds too silly
I didn't think that I could ever sell it
So I quit and left the thing undeveloped-eloped-eloped
Uh...uh...uh...
Left the song undeveloped-eloped-eloped
uh...uh...uh...
Left the thing undeveloped-eloped-eloped
Uh...uh...uh...
Left the song undeveloped-eloped-eloped
Uh...uh...uh...

I'd forgotten the year before
That I'd written a whole lot more
And although my songs were great
In the hands of frauds they brought me hate
In a bid to stem this tide
I showed the world my gentle side
And it looks like all my foes could do
Was steal this music from me too
Because
Everything fits so well together
My traumatized state, Vancouver weather,
F to C is possibly my favorite change,
And on a certain singer my guitar looked strange
What was the date of her ascension?
And whose name did her boss decline to mention?
The one they mocked and called a ta-lented fella
Did he author Under My Umbrella-ella-ella?
Eh? eh? eh?
Did I write Under My Umbrella-ella-ella?
Eh? eh? eh?
Think I wrote Under My Umbrella-ella-ella!
Hey! hey! hey!
Know I wrote Under my Umbrella-ella-ella!
Hey! hey! hey!
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2014. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment