Monday, September 22, 2014

Alternative Listening Choices for Umbrella Fans

Alternative Listening Choices for Umbrella Fans
Beyonce fans, I liked Under My Umbrella when I heard it on the radio, having forgotten that I wrote it, and would have blindly counted myself among you at that time. Sorry I didn't recall authoring the song right away but I have a lot of songs and many of them were stolen from me.

Even though I won't be using Under My Umbrella, I don't regret writing it. I'm glad people liked it. I also caught a few of the women dancing to it on YouTube and thoroughly enjoyed their interpretations of this music. For me it brings back memories of an extremely troubled period in my life. I must have looked like a total wreck on YouTube in that live video in 2008, playing and singing that sad song. I played and sang the whole song as it was later heard on the radio, not just 'a verse'. Why would I share a mere verse? I still consider the song undeveloped because it still has that gap in its chorus filled in with gibberish: 'eh eh eh'.

In spite of my being 'dead', I would like to offer Umbrella fans a few other choices which might suit their musical tastes after the demise of Under My Umbrella as a 'legitimate' (gangster endorsed) pop hit. The three that spring most readily to mind are: Magic (2012), Nothing but Ashes (2007), and Rules (2012). Hope you enjoy these songs.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2014. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment