Saturday, August 16, 2014

Contented

Contented
How can I make you believe
That I hope you never leave me?
Now that you've transformed my world
Brought me so much cheer, need you to stay near

Content in my trance
A victim of circumstance
I can't take a chance
I don't want to miss out on this joyride

Pleasantly you occupy
Beckoning to fertile gardens
Lost and without a hope was I
Until I met you, came to my rescue

The look in your eyes
Reminds me that I'm alive
It pierces the mist
Impossible to resist
Holding promises of bliss

Onward into sights unknown
By the hand of fate we'll be thrown
And united hold our own
In devastation find our salvation

Awash in the shore
With more fun to look toward
Spirit restored
Clear of the passing storm
Fortunes certain to improve

When I said I was contented
I meant it
Since we have been together
Never felt better
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2014. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment